The Black alignment Group
BAG is here to mobilize, uplift and empower these community members and ensure their voices are heard & respected, and their needs met.Join BAG Now
Who we are and what we do
The Black Alignment Group (BAG) works to strengthen Black voices through power building and is dedicated to brilliantly creating a better Florida for Black folks. We use authentic messaging to reach Black people across the state, and we are focused on the real issues Floridians face like housing and health care costs, low wages, and the continued fight for equal rights. BAG believes we should all have the freedom to live our American Dream.
- From the freedom to vote to our right to protest and free speech, all Black people deserve to have their voices heard. Unfortunately, certain politicians want to silence our voices by taking away the freedoms our ancestors fought for with their blood, sweat, and tears.
- From the streets to the ballot box, our voices will be heard and our civil rights protected in Florida.
- Our political leaders need to start investing in Americans because when that happens, our collective potential is limitless to provide a better future for all of us.
- Personal health care decisions should be made by those seeking care, not politicians, including when it comes to abortions or gender-affirming care. But extremist politicians are banning our access, and it’s wrong.
- 41 million people, or 13% of the U.S. population, are Black, with higher shares in the South. Addressing disparities in their health and health care is key for supporting and improving the health and well-being of Black families.
- The health, safety, and real-life needs of Black Floridians come first by leaving our personal healthcare decisions to the patient, their family, their doctor, and their faith.
- We work hard every day, pay our taxes, and provide for our families because no matter our background, where we come from, or who we love, we want the next generation to succeed and live the best life they can.
- That’s what the American Dream is all about, and the key to that success starts with a high-quality education that provides us with the tools we need to live out our most tremendous potential. Instead, public education is used for political agendas, jeopardizing Black futures for generations.
- Between Black attacks in our schools and the workplace, it’s getting harder to get ahead. Among many other hurdles, Black students face higher discipline rates and the threat of the school-to-prison pipeline.
- Florida politicians look out for their wealthy, corporate donors with corporate welfare in exchange for hefty campaign contributions. Unfortunately, that means they’re not looking out for us.
- While we work daily to provide for our families, they fight to let landlords, developers, and utility and insurance companies price gouge us out of our homes.
- Over 2.1 million Florida households with low income spend more than 30 percent of their income on housing.
- We must all come together to demand the freedom we’ve earned to live affordably and tell the politicians who have put their corporate donors ahead of the people they were elected to serve that we deserve better.
BAG is here to mobilize, uplift and empower members of the Black community and ensure our voices are heard & respected, and shift culture.
Florida for all ecosystem
We are a powerhouse partnership of organizations throughout the state of Florida elevating Black and Brown voices to ensure our communities win.
Faith in Florida
Florida Immigrant Coalition
JObs with Justice